Lafayette Home Improvement, LLC and Southside Roofing offer great job opportunities for qualified individuals who put a premium on quality craftsmanship and exceptional customer service.
Commercial Roofing Foreman
JOB SUMMARY: Directly supervise and coordinate activities of construction/roofing trade workers and their helpers. Perform supervisory and management functions and engage in the same construction/roofing trade work as the workers they supervise. Provide timely and quality installation of all assigned Roofing projects in the field.
SUPERVISES Field Installers (leadman, mechanics, and laborers) and all ARI Subdivisions and Subcontractors on the job site.
REPORTS TO: Construction Manager EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of five years of roofing experience
• Knowledge of Built Up Roofing, Adhesive systems, Torch modified & Single-Ply Roofing
• Good mathematical, reading, and time management skills
• Good attendance
SPECIAL SKILLS OR EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
• Basic computer knowledge and skills
• Capable of reading blueprints and manufacturer specifications
• Basic knowledge of the Florida Building Code (FBC)
• Basic knowledge of OSHA compliance
• Must own essential roofing tools
• Bilingual is a plus
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
• Need to withstand demands of extreme weather conditions and high temperatures
• Need to be physically fit and have a sound mind
• Ability to pass initial and random drug testing
• Schedule day-to-day operations (i.e. Call in Permit Inspections) / order equipment (i.e.
dumpsters, warehouse materials)
• Conduct hands-on training of new crew members/receipt of training (i.e.
Manufacturer, Safety, etc.)
• Maintain good public relations with customers
• Maintain a safe working environment according to OSHA standards and requirements.
• Track daily man hours worked vs. job budget.
• Plan job workload in advance (five days out).
• Maintain equipment at Jobsite.
• Complete and maintain proper daily paperwork (i.e., Timesheets, Delivery Invoices,
Safety checklist, Toolbox talks, etc.)
• Ability to solve unforeseen dilemmas and problems on the job site as they occur.
• Available to respond 24/7 to emergencies.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.